I grew up on a farm in southern Ontario, Canada. After graduating from the University of Waterloo in 2001, I moved to southern Georgia and worked as a recreation therapist for at-risk adolescent girls at a residential treatment program. I moved to Wrangell, Alaska in 2003 to work as a wilderness guide at Alaska Crossings, a wilderness treatment program for adolescents from the state of Alaska. I became a teacher in 2007 and taught the 5th grade at Evergreen Elementary School in Wrangell for 13 years. This will be my third year teaching at Stikine Middle School. I love to integrate place-based learning, local Indigenous knowledge, art, and outdoor experiences into my curriculum. I enjoy running and talking about books with students.
I graduated from the University of Alaska Fairbanks with my Master of Elementary Education in May 2022.
I am an HP Digital Fellow, a Flipgrid Student Voice Ambassador, and one of the leaders of Google Education Group of Alaska. I am a board member of the Alaska Science Teachers Association (ASTA) and the Alaska Society for Technology in Education (ASTE).
I will be teaching 7/8 Life Science, 6th Grade Science, 7/8 English, 6-8 Project Leadership, and 6-8 Technology in the 2022-2023 school year.
I am the Middle School Student Council Advisor and the Middle School Running Club Leader.
Contact Information and Resources:
- ☎️ Stikine Middle School: 874-3393 Ext. 302
- 💻 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 🌎 Class Website: davies5.weebly.com
- 🏆 Mrs. Davies' Favorite Websites: (A Wakelet Collection)
- 🌊 Wakelet: wakelet.com/@LauraDaviesAlaska
- 🌻 Class Instagram: WrangellAKScienceandMath
- 📝 Student Supply List: davies5.weebly.com/students-supplies
- 👩🏫 Class Syllabi: bit.ly/3lrmed1