In Homework Club, we assist students with their homework, or other teacher-assigned intervention skill-work. Homework Club is a Monday through Thursday program. 2:30-3:15. Students are required to sign in each day. Prior to attending the Homework Club, the Homework Club contract must be read and signed by the student, their parent/guardian, and the student's teacher.
Please be sure to read through the contract overview and expectations completely, then please return a signed Homework Club contract to Ms. Kendra in the EES office. Students must have a signed contract on file before their first day of attendance. Thank you for your support and continually being a key to your child's success!!
Homework Club Expectations
- Students must have a signed contract on file with the EES Office/Homework Club to attend.
- Students must commit to attending every day, Monday-Thursday.
- Three absences for any reason may result in a space being given to a student on the waitlist.
- Sign-in when entering the homework room (first and last name).
- Take a pencil and sit down quietly. Raise your hand for assistance.
- There is no talking except when receiving help from the adult in the room. Students are there to work and receive assistance.
- Students are allowed to help each other on occasion, UNLESS it becomes distracting to other students. If distractions occur, students may be asked to move to another seat.
- Snacks are allowed in the homework room. We ask that work has been completed first.
- Friends may not wait for students to finish in the homework room.
- Please pick up students in the elementary office. Students will stay in the homework room until 3:15 pm, unless parents come to the elementary office to pick them up. The secretary will call the homework room to notify the student to come to the office if they must leave early.
- Students need to always have a book to read in case they finish their homework before 3:15 pm.
- If students are disruptive, they may be asked to go call parents to be picked up early. Disciplinary action may be taken depending on the frequency and severity of the issue.
- Space may be limited; priority is given to teacher-recommended student participation.
In the Homework Club, we follow our three main school rules. We are RESPECTFUL, RESPONSIBLE, and we are SAFE. We are practicing making good choices at Evergreen Elementary.