Degrees and Certifications:
Hello! My name is Heather Howe and I teach High School Science. I have worked as a teacher at Wrangell High School since 2011 and began teaching Science since 2014.
I moved to Wrangell in August 2010 from Wisconsin. As you can imagine, I love cheese and the Packers! Go Pack Go! My family has made many trips to and from the Midwest. We love to camp and sight-see along the way!
My husband and I have three wonderful kiddos, Clayton, Amelia (Millie), and Bennett, and a pup, named Milo! They are full of energy and keep us very busy.
I love learning and am so excited to share that passion with you! Education is a key component in empowering students to become positive contributions to our world.
My classroom website can be found here: http://howescience.weebly.com
Mrs. Howe’s Classroom Expectations & Procedures
Everyday you are to bring the following materials to class:
- Science Notebook
- Pencil or Pen
The following items are not to be in the classroom:
- Cell phones (unless otherwise specified by teacher)
- Food & Drinks (with the exception of water)
You will earn 10 daily participation points by:
- Being on time
- Being prepared (must have above materials ready to go when the bell rings)
- Being respectful
- Being safe
- Being engaged and participating
- Using class time effectively
- Assignments must include student's name and class period. It is your responsibility to place paper assignments in the proper basket (labeled by class period).
- Certain assignments will be completed in your Science Notebook. The entire notebook will be turned in and graded periodically. If the assignment is not neatly completed in the notebook it will earn a zero.
- Due dates are posted in Powerschool Gradebook, my website, and discussed in class.
- Study Guides, given before each test, are graded as pass or fail. If all questions are attempted you earn a 100%. If any question is left blank or directions are not followed you earn a 0%.
- Corrections may be made to assignments. You may earn up to half of the missed points back by making corrections. You must include the page number of the textbook in which you found the correct answer.
Late work policy:
- Assignments may be turned in after the due dates. The highest grade you are able to earn on late work is 70%.
- Late work and assignment corrections will be accepted until we complete the unit on that material (chapter test or project).
Extra credit opportunity:
- Students may complete one extra credit assignment per unit.
- In order to earn extra credit, students must follow the directions (available on my website) to complete an article review of a reputable science-related article.
- You will be allowed three hall passes per quarter. After this students will serve detention to make up for lost time.