Wrangell Public Schools
is accepting applications for the position of:
Secondary School Principal
for the 2023-2024 school year.
Please apply at alaskateacher.org or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled.
The principal will provide leadership to ensure high standards are met and oversee compliance with district policies, success of instructional programs, and operation of all campus activities.
- Alaska Type B Administrative Certification with appropriate endorsements
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Thorough understanding of school operations
- Working knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Skill in evaluating instructional programs and teaching effectiveness
- Skill in managing staff, operations, projects, and budgets
- Strong organizational, communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides leadership for a Grade 6-12 school campus
- Guides instruction and supports an effective learning environment
- Oversees the implementation of standards-based curriculum
- Coordinates services which support student growth and development
- Provides for staffing and professional development to meet student learning needs
- Uses assessment and evaluation information in making decisions
- Communicates with diverse groups and individuals with clarity and sensitivity
- Acts in accordance with established laws, policies, procedures, good business practices
- Understands the influence of social, cultural, political, & economic forces on the education environment & uses this knowledge to serve the needs of children & families
- Facilitates the participation of parents and families as partners in education
- Demonstrates high ethical standards and dedication to the profession
Wrangell Public Schools
is accepting applications for the following positions:
Business Manager: This is a full-time, 12-month position with benefits paid on the Exempt Employee Salary Schedule.
Responsibilities include oversight of the school budget using a uniform chart of accounts coding, maintaining financial records, conducting all banking, payroll, accounts payable, annual audit preparation and advising the superintendent in all matters that are financially relevant for the district. Degree in business and/or five years’ experience in school business management preferred but not required; professional development/job training is available. Although an on-site employee is preferred, a remote employee or contractor with scheduled on-site visits may be considered.
Paraprofessionals: These are part-time, 9-month positions working with students one-on-one or in small groups in grade K-12. Salary placement is Column A-C on the 9-month Classified Salary Schedule. The successful applicant must have an associate degree or equivalent (or higher) or the ability to pass the para-pro assessment (administered by the District).
Technology Director/Network Administrator: This is a full-time, 12-month position with benefits paid on the Exempt Employee Salary Schedule.
The Technology Director/Network Administrator is responsible for managing the District’s information technology infrastructure and applications, technical support team, and providing IT services for staff members and students. The Technology Director is responsible for the Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN), as well as all attached workstations and peripherals. The Technology Director is responsible for all firewalls, business applications and support thereof. The Technology Director reports current project status, offers IT solutions, working with e-rate services, and makes recommendations on all IT projects to the Superintendent and Technology Committee. The Technology Director approves all purchases at the division level, obtaining final approval from the Superintendent. This position has independent judgment and decision-making authority.
For a complete job description and salary schedule, please contact the district office at 874-2347.
ALL POSITIONS: ARE OPEN UNTIL FILLED
It is Wrangell Public School District's policy to not discriminate based on age, race, color, national origin, sex or disability.
Wrangell Public Schools
is accepting applications for the following extra-curricular positions
for the 2022-2023 school year:
Middle School Assistant Volleyball Coach
Freshmen Class Advisor
Elementary Student Council Advisor
For a job description and information, please contact the district office at
Positions are open until filled.
All positions are open until filled.
For complete job descriptions and salary information, please contact the district office.
It is Wrangell Public School District's policy to not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, sex or disability.